- 26 Apr 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
- Updated On 26 Apr 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
The Mambu Payment Gateway (MPG) is an optional component that facilitates one-time and recurring transactions using the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) scheme.
The payments solution has its own user interface for configuration, managing users, and auditing transactions, and its own suite of APIs for making, receiving, rejecting, and refunding standards-based payments. For more information, see our Payments API Reference.
The MPG is tightly connected to Mambu's core banking features. Payments are routed to the correct Mambu accounts, payer and payee details are automatically inserted into SEPA messages when possible, and general ledger accounts are kept up to date both for payments and, if using anti-money laundering (AML), for movements of funds into suspense accounts.
The core functionality of the MPG can be extended to support additional AML and suspense account flows, such as using a pre-built Mambu Connector running on the Mambu Process Orchestrator and a supported partner such as ComplyAdvantage.
Using the MPG, customers can quickly gain access to the entire market of more than 27 countries in the Eurozone.
The Mambu Payment Gateway has been built according to the guidelines set out in the 2021 SEPA Credit Transfer and 2021 SEPA Direct Debit Core rulebooks and handles the following flows and messages:
SEPA Credit Transfers
- credit transfer (pacs.008)
- return transaction (pacs.004)
- recall transaction (camt.056)
- inquiries (camt.087 and camt.027)
SEPA Direct Debit
- initiate Direct Debit collection (pacs.003)
- reject collection (pacs.002)
- reverse collection (pacs.007)
- refund collection (pacs.004)
Before using Mambu Payment Gateway, you must have the following:
- SEPA resgistration
- A system to manage Mandates for direct debit payments
- Access to an automated clearing house
- The ability to generate and register IBANs for accounts
Mambu Core Banking prerequisites
Our getting started article walks through configuring the items listed below.
In Mambu Core Banking, you will need:
- A Payments API Consumer and API Key
- A Mambu user account with API Access rights
- Transaction Channels with IDs
_payments_sepa_for SEPA credit transfers and
_direct_debit_sepa_for SEPA Direct Debit
- Mambu accounts should be mapped to an IBAN using our External Account Representation API.
- If using AML functionality, you will need accounts set up to hold suspended payments while checks are being processed.