- 30 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
Importing Your Data via API
- Updated On 30 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
This article describes how to import data using the Mambu API.
Before you begin, there are some preliminary steps in setting up your organization that must be completed. For more information, see Data Management Overview - Import prerequisites.
What we'll need from you
When planning to migrate via API, please contact your onboarding consultant to request support. Our specialists will help coordinate, provide support with the initial mapping, answer questions, and help troubleshoot any issues related to the data migration.
When you are planning your migration, please provide us with the following information:
- The amount of data you plan to import, including the number of clients and the total number of accounts and transactions.
- The steps which are going to be performed for every client/account migration, such as:
- Client creation
- Loan account creation
- Loan account approval
- Loan account linked to deposit settlement account
- Loan account schedule edited
- Loan account disbursed
- Manual fees applied
- Repayment posted
- Sample API calls you will use to perform each of the actions above, including the endpoints and parameters to be used.
- Sample database queries and/or reports generated during the migration process, if any.
- When you want to migrate your data into Mambu.
Based on the results of the data migration requirements analysis and the results of your sample data migration, we might need to assess performance implications of using APIs for the data migration process and:
- Suggest best flow step by step to limit the number of API calls needed to minimum.
- Suggest the number of APIs calls that can be processed within a given period of time to guarantee the performance.
- Consider temporary adjustments of the environment performance.
For more information on using our APIs, see our API Reference.
Data security and confidentiality
Because the migration of your data involves the handling of personal identifiable information of your clients and the processing of private access credentials, Customer Systems Data Protection and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules apply.