Communicating with other users
- Updated On 11 Nov 2020
- 7 Minutes To Read
There are two ways to send and share information with colleagues; assigning tasks and using automated notifications where the recipient has been set to a user, such as the credit officer. Both methods are fully tracked in the Mambu system, with all tasks and communications accessible from both the client and user views.
Tasks are used to keep track of to-dos in Mambu; they are assigned to system users and can be linked to specific clients or groups. Tasks facilitate workflows and daily activity management across teams since activities that need to be performed can be easily assigned, followed up on and marked as complete. You can create tasks for yourself or assign them to other team members.
If you have access to other branches you will be able to view and create tasks for those branches by selecting that branch in the menu in the top left
. If you only have access to one branch, you will not be able to view tasks from any other branch.
Tasks can be created from the dashboard, from a client's profile or from the top bar task indicator.
Dashboard: click on Create Task > fill in the details > Save Task.
Clients' Profile: click on Create Task > fill in the details > Save Task.
Top bar task indicator: click on the number > click Create task > fill in the details > Save Task.
When creating a task there are different fields.
- Description: This is a mandatory field and it's basically what the user who the task is assigned to should do. The description should be short, such as "Evaluate client's business", "Follow up on late repayment", etc.
- Linked To: If the task is related to a client or a group, you can add their name here. Then the user who reads the task will know that the action should be taken on that specific client or group.
- Assigned To: The user who should complete the task. Can be yourself or another user in the system.
- Due Date: When the task should be completed.
- Notes: Any details the assignee might need to complete the task can be added here as notes.
- Apply Template Templates can be created for common tasks to speed up the workflow and automatically fill in some information based on placeholders
Finding and completing Tasks
Tasks assigned to a user can be found in three places.
- The Dashboard: In the task panel on the right side. The number of overdue, upcoming and tasks due today can be seen, as well as the tasks corresponding to each category.
- The task number icon in the top bar: The number beside the search bar shows the number of tasks due; clicking it will show the task list.
- All tasks view: Which can be accessed both from the dashboard or the Task icon. For details on how to filter tasks please see the Filtering tasks section below.
- API call: using the
GET /api/taskscall. The call returns tasks for the assigned branch or branches on which the user has access.
To complete a task, open the task, check the box associated to that task.
Completed tasks will be automatically checked out, but stored under the user's activity feed as well as under the client or group it was linked to, if that was the case.
To reopen a completed task, click on the check box beside the completed task.
Tasks can be filtered in the same way as other Mambu items such as clients and loans. To start filtering tasks, head to the All Tasks menu, from either the dashboard or top bar task icon.
To create a task filter:
- Click on the Filter dropdown
- Select Add New Filter if the filter will be stored for later use, or Custom Filter for a one-time filter.
- Select the filters to be used and define their conditions.
To use a previously saved filter:
- Click on the Filter dropdown.
- Select the previously saved filter.
To create a new column preset:
- Click on Custom Columns.
- Add new column preset.
- Select the desired columns and give the preset a name.
To use a previously saved column preset
- Click on Custom Columns.
- Select the previously saved preset.
To edit columns on-the-fly
- Click on Edit Columns.
- Select and arrange columns as required.
Editing and Deleting Tasks
A task can be Edited or Deleted by clicking on the Actions button and by selecting the desired option.
Sending Notifications to Credit Officers
When creating automated email and SMS notifications you can select the Credit Officer as the Recipient so that they receive an Email or SMS notification based on the conditions set for the notification and the triggering event. If Opt Out is selected, all Credit Officers will be automatically subscribed to the notification, whereas if Opt In is used, the Credit Officer can choose to subscribe themselves to the notification from their profile.
Sending Notifications to Users through User Link Custom Fields
Users can also send automated notifications (SMS or Email) to other users. This can be useful since some changes in clients' accounts need to be known by other members of staff as well, therefore notifications can be sent not only to the client but also, for example, to the user managing the account.
In order for an SMS or Email to be sent to other users that are not Credit Officers, the user has to be associated with the Client. This can be achieved through Custom Fields with the User Link type.
The same Opt-in and Opt-out behavior will apply as described above for Credit Officers. Any User Link custom field defined at the Client level can be used for notifications.
- For our example we will create a new Custom Field Set "Email Notifications" for Clients and add under it a custom field "Subscribed Users". The field set can be optional or required, depending on business needs.
Note - the print screen shows a free text field type.
- When creating a new notification for users, under Recipient we will notice the newly created custom field "Subscribed Users" available for selection. Continue defining the conditions for the notification template, as for any other notification sent to clients.
- When creating/editing a new Client, the new Custom field set we created will be available and will allow selecting the user who will receive the email notification when the conditions defined on the notification template are met.
When using User Link custom fields for sending notifications you can customize the notifications sent to users in multiple ways:
- You can create several custom fields of User Link type so as to assign a notification to multiple users
- You can create different custom fields for different types of notifications and users in your organizations; for example you can create a custom field for Supervisor and a custom field for Collections Agent, then, when creating notifications you can define one for the Supervisor on Client Creation event, which will notify them anytime a new client is created and another notification for Collections Agent on Account in Arrears event which will send a notification to the collections agent when the account goes into arrears.
- You can define a new custom field set for email notifications (like in our example above) or use existing field sets at the Client level and just add a new User Link custom field type under it for subscribing users.
- You can make the custom field Required, so as to enforce user selection upon Client creation / editing.
* If you don't already have an account you will be prompted to create one when you first visit the site.