- 29 Jun 2022
- 2 Minutes To Read
Profile and Password Management
- Updated On 29 Jun 2022
- 2 Minutes To Read
This article describes profile and password management for users with a Mambu password.
If your organization has configured Mambu to use single sign-on (SSO) by enabling federated authentication, please see Managing Users under Federated Authentication for information on managing your profile.
Even if your organization has enabled SSO, note that some users will still have passwords in addition to their SSO login, such as admin users or users with API access rights.
Editing your profile
You can edit First Names, Last Names, Title, and Email address, as well as the Mambu Display Language you would like to use. You cannot edit Username.
You must have the
EDIT_USER permission to change your profile.
To edit your profile:
- In the top right corner of the page, select your name > Edit Your Profile.
- Make the changes you want.
- Select Save User.
If you change your Mambu Display Language, you must log out and then log back in to see the UI in the desired language.
For more information about the settings of your user account, see Creating a User.
Changing your password
To change your password:
- In the top right corner of the page, click on your name > Edit Your Profile.
- Under User Access, click Reset Password.
- Enter the new password.
- Enter it again to confirm.
- Select Save User to save your profile.
Resetting your Password
If you forgot your password, you can easily reset it from the login screen.
To reset your password, you must have an email address associated with your Mambu account. If you wish to reset the password for an account that does not have a password configured, contact your administrator to update your profile with a valid email address.
To reset your password:
- Go to your Mambu domain.
- Click on "Lost your password?"
- Enter your email.
- Click Reset Password.
You will then receive an email with a link - simply follow the instructions in that email to reset your password.
You will now be able to login using your new password.
The following requirements are enforced for all passwords:
- Must include six or more characters. We recommend at least eight.
- Must include at least one letter and one digit.
- May not contain your username, even if preceded or followed by other characters.
- May not be the same as a previously-used password.
You may also add or edit your password policy settings.
The settings you may configure are:
- Minimum password length.
- Minimum number of numerical, special, or uppercase characters.
- Number of previously used characters that cannot be resued in creating a new password.
- Number of failed login attempts before a user is locked out of Mambu.
For more information about how to configure these settings, see Access Preferences.
Access restrictions caused by multiple login failures
For increased security to your account, if a password is entered incorrectly three times during login, Mambu will require the user to enter a captcha.
If you're an admin user, you may disable this requirement for a reset session by resetting the user's password, or by disabling and re-enabling that user's access to Mambu.
If you make multiple incorrect attempts to login via API, you will be locked out for 45 seconds.