End of Day actions in Mambu
At the end of each day at midnight, your organisation's time, Mambu automatically performs some operations to ensure all account states, days in arrears, penalties and fees are up to date in accordance to the transactions posted so far.
These automatic actions are known as “cronjobs” in Mambu, follow a particular sequence, and contains 2 type of jobs: daily and hourly jobs. When the cron runs, if it wasn't already executed on that day, then it runs daily and hourly jobs. Otherwise, it runs only hourly jobs. In the end, backup jobs are executed.
Daily jobs are executed if not already in progress or completed. Daily jobs are executed sequentially, exactly in this order:
- account jobs
- early organization jobs
- loan jobs, savings jobs
- account jobs (yes, account jobs are executed twice)
- late organization jobs
Account jobs are:
- REDRAW_TRANSFER -> make automatic transfers from the Redraw Balance to the loan account it will automatic pay a loan if there is something in the redraw balance (>0) ad if there is any balance to pay (principal + interest + fee + penalty > 0)
- AUTOMATED_TRANSFERS -> automated transfers from deposit settlement accounts to loan accounts, as per loan account schedule
- UPDATE_SAVINGS_WITH_PRODUCT_SETTINGS -> update deposits accounts with any changes made to underlying Deposit Product Settings
- UPDATE_LOANS_WITH_PRODUCT_SETTINGS -> update loan accounts with any changes made to underlying Loan Product Settings
- RESET_GL_JOURNAL_ENTRY_SUMMARIES_INFO -> reset all the information related to journal entry summary items in order to be able to recreate them from scratch
- GENERATE_GL_JOURNAL_ENTRY_SUMMARIES -> generate the GL journal entries summary items for the accounting entries logged since the last EOD job was executed
- UPDATE_JOURNAL_ENTRIES_FOR_EARLY_INTEREST_ACCRUAL -> update the journal entries reflecting the accrues interest before the accrual takes place
- AUTO_CLOSE_PAID_OFF_LOANS -> automatic closure of loan accounts with zero balances, based on the Loan Product Dormancy settings
- AMOUNTS_AMORTIZATION -> Fee amortization in accounting
- INTEREST_RATE_UPDATE -> Update Interest Rate based on Index Interest Rate changes
- TAX_RATE_UPDATE -> update tax rate based on Tax Rate changes
- CREATE_REVOLVING_CREDIT_DUE_REPAYMENTS -> create repayment schedule for Revolving Credit loan accounts
- LOCK_CAPPING_CHECKER -> check if capping constraints are exceeded and pass the loan account into locked capping state if necessary
- LOAN_INTEREST_APPLY -> application of interest accrued
- LATE_LOANS_CHECKER -> set the loan accounts to "In Arrears" state
- PENALTIES_APPLY -> application of the penalties
- AUTO_LOCK_ARREARS_LOANS -> lock the loan accounts that have been in arrears for a specific period of time as defined in Loan Product setup
- DUE_AMOUNTS_UPDATE -> update all due amounts
- accrue and apply interest (positive and overdraft interest)
- for saving accounts with Tiered Interest -> update Interest Rate and loan transaction if needed
- update overdraft account state -> update account state from Active to Active In Arrears and log activity when Expiry date is met and account's balance is negative
- AUTO_DORMANT_INACTIVE_SAVINGS_ACCOUNTS -> set deposit accounts as Dormant as defined in Deposit Product Settings
- UPDATE_JOURNAL_ENTRIES_FOR_LATE_INTEREST_ACCRUAL -> update journal entries reflecting the accrued interest after the accrual takes place
- END_OF_DAY_CLOSURE -> perform end of day accounting closures
- UPCOMING_REPAYMENTS_CHECKER -> search for all the repayments which are in Pending or Partially Paid state and trigger reminder Notifications using templates (check the due dates equal to today plus a configured number of days (how many days before that due date) and create notifications)
- ACCOUNT_IN_ARREARS_CHECKER -> triggers notifications after a configured number of days since the account is passed into arrears state
- UPCOMING_DISBURSEMENT_CHECKER -> triggers notifications for Approved accounts with a configured number of days before the expected disbursement date (loans and tranches)
- ENFORCE_USER_PASSWORD_RESET -> reset user passwords if the period defined in "Internal Controls" is up
- ORGANIZATION_SNAPSHOT -> create a snapshot of all indicators for organization
Hourly jobs are executed after daily jobs and they are:
- SEND_QUEUED_NOTIFICATIONS -> check for queued notifications and send them
- BACKGROUND_PROCESS_EVICTION -> clean any background process (technical)
Backup jobs are executed after daily and hourly jobs. They are not executed during business hours or if they are already in progress or completed. And are not executed on sandbox environment. Backup jobs are DATABASE_BACKUP, which will create a copy for the database at that moment.
SMS notifications are not sent at midnight, but starting with 9:00 AM (your organization's time) .
Manual End of Day Processing
Mambu also allows manually executing the End of Day processes, instead of having it run automatically every night. Manual execution guarantees that Mambu will not run account appraisals every night, but it will still take the regular database backups every night. Note that End of Day process need to be run before closing accounting books, to make sure that all the accounts are up to date.
This option can be enabled upon request to Mambu support.
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── Back to top